Thursday, October 10, 2013

More DIY Projects...

Obvi I'm still on bed-rest and trying to stay busy. I'm doing a pretty good job! I've got six more weeks to go if I go full-term and the nursery is totally done. Of course that doesn't mean I've stopped projects for it though. I think my hubby is worried the nursery will explode in projects:) I wanted to share the hair bow/band holder/display that I made. My bff made an adorable one for a shower gift and sadly, in the process of hanging it, I dropped it and it broke:( So I made one myself and I'm pretty excited with how it turned out:) BTW, burlap works great as the background as bows just clip right on so easily! I bought some cute already decorated clothespins that I glued to the frame to hold the headbands. Love!
I finally chose some curtains for the nursery at Target. For some reason I couldn't seem to find any that I really loved. These are perfect:) I made some DIY curtain hold-backs or whatever it is people call them. It took me a bit to figure out how I was going to make them as I wanted them to be easily released so the curtains can close when we want to block out sunlight for Miss Avery. I picked up some daisies from Michael's and attached those for some sweet embellishments:) It's not the greatest thing I've ever done in my life, but it works:)
I'm also working on another very small and random item:) I am starting with the whole having kids thing much later than all my friends. They are already on #3 or #4 or whatever. I have made lots of observations over the years and one thing I have noticed is that everyone seems to always be missing pacifiers! They are always searching the house high and low when it comes to bedtime. I decided to embellish a jar to keep the pacifiers. I will post another picture when it's totally done. It's totally random, I know.
It's basically burlap, glue, and pink glitter. I have an idea to start making more banners and maybe make some different kinds of signs and eventually try to sell them if they end up being popular. Tonight I started working on one that I will post when it's completed. I've made the "Give Thanks" banner five times now and they are getting better with each one I make. I want to start making different variations of the banner that people can use for weddings, bridal showers, parties, house decor, etc. My plan is to make a few and then post and see if anyone buys any. We will see what happens. To be continued:)

No comments:

Post a Comment